On July 5th & 6th 2016 the 3rd Joint Stakeholders’ Conference “Lessons learned and future perspectives” was held at the ACP House in Brussels, organised in the framework of the EU-ACP collaborative programmes (Edulink II, ACP Science and Technology Programme II, ACP Caribbean & Pacific Research Programme for Sustainable Development). A total of 154 participants were present, representing 126 projects from the three programmes, as well as from embassies and missions of the ACP member states and members of the ACP secretariat, Technical Assistance Units, the EU’s DEVCO and the EAECA.
The main objective of this conference was to bring together grant beneficiaries and stakeholders, in order to foster networking and share experience on lessons learnt during the implementation of the projects and discuss future plans. Particular emphasis was given to project results, impacts and lessons learnt.
Representatives from the University of Alicante, coordinator of 6 EDULINK and 2 ACP Science and Technology II projects, were present together with 10 delegates from the partner universities in the ACP countries:
- CAPACITY4FOOD – Njala University, Sierra Leone
- CAP4INNO – University of West Indies, Barbados campus
- ENRICH – Directorate of Research Management and Development of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology of Kenya
- EPIC –University of Fiji, Fiji
- FISHERMAN – Universidade Eduardo Mondlane, Mozambique
- IP4GROWTH – Université Ouaga2, Burkina Faso, & CIRES/Université Félix Houphouët-Boigny, Ivory Coast
- IPICA – Instituto Tecnológico de Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- SUCCEED Network – Moi University, Kenya
IP4GROWTH results were presented in a poster (available for download below). Project coordinator Cristina Beans from University of Alicante and partners Prof. Kouliga Nikiena from Université Ouaga2 and M. Germain Kramo from CIRES/Université Félix Houphouët-Boigny were available to discuss these results with other participants during the Conference Poster Sessions.
Further information on the Conference, and all conference materials, are available on the ACP-EU Cooperation Programmes website.
More information on these 8 projects can be found at the University of Alicante’s International Project Management Office (OGPI) website.