The project “Enhancing Intellectual Property Capacities for Agricultural Development - IP4Growth” is co-financed by the European Commission through the ACP Edulink programme.
IP4Growth aims to contribute to the agricultural and socio-economic development of West African countries through enhancement of HEIs' competences in Intellectual Property (IP) management.
- To raise awareness of the importance of knowledge-based tools, in particular, geographical indications (GIs) and appellations of origin (AOs) for agricultural and rural development.
- To increase knowledge transfer capacities between HEIs and farming communities, agricultural producers and stakeholders of the region, including exploring options for GIs related procedures as a means to improve competitiveness of the agricultural sector in the target countries and region.
The project addresses HEIs, local farmers and producers and their associations, Ministries and local development organisations as well as NGOs in order to benefit in the medium-long term the agricultural and societal tissue.
- Increased awareness in HEIs and farming communities of the importance of IP for agricultural and rural development.
- Strengthened competences of HEIs in the field of IP - GIs.
- Increased economic & business opportunities for the local farming communities.
- Reinforced/built up synergies between HEIs/farming producers and associations.