The Regional Conference in Intellectual Property for Agricultural Development in West Africa took place on 1st- 2nd September 2016 at the CIRES in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
This Regional Conference aimed to
- Raise awareness on the importance of Intellectual Property (IP) (particularly Geographic Indications) for agricultural and rural development;
- Promote dialogue on the use of IP in Agriculture in West Africa
- Present the results of the IP4GROWTH project
The Conference was addressed to
- Ministries of Agriculture and Industry in the countries of West Africa
- Universities in West Africa
- Farmer communities/associations
- National and international IP structures
- Private sector interested in IP and rural and agricultural development
Agenda and Conference presentations are available below.